Encampment Applications for all Students Open
Encampment is open for all cadets to apply. Please be aware that your ticket holds your spot and that if you are applying for CEAP, you will still need to purchase a $75.00 CEAP holding ticket to hold your place. You will be refunded the $75.00 when you attend and successfully complete the encampment and the CEAP money has been awarded to you.
Basic Encampment is for those cadets that have not previously attended an Encampment. Encampment is required for cadets to promote to the officer grades. It is also required for a cadet to attend the Lone Star Emergency Services Academy, Intermediate Encampment, or any National Cadet Special Activities. A cadet at basic encampment will learn how to drill as part of a flight, teamwork, Aerospace opportunities, leadership opportunities and other classes. Please see CAPR 60-1 Chapter 9 for all opportunities that encampment offers.
Intermediate encampment is for cadets who have completed basic encampment and have an interest in CAP's rocketry program and the art of marksmanship. Intermediate encampment is held concurrently with basic encampment.
The Basic Cadets and Intermediate Cadets will need to submit their application to Chaplain, Lieutenant Colonel, Nancy Smalley. Mail to: 416 Victorian Drive, Waxahachie, Texas 75165. All forms must be received by 15 May 2018; STAFF FORMS MUST BE IN BY 15 March 2018. Late applications will not be accepted. No one arriving without having previously sent a CAPF 31 (or whatever repaces it), 160, 161, 163 and Certificate of Understanding will be allowed to sign into the activity. DO NOT send forms by any postal or delivery method that requires a signature; just mail them.
For Cadets and Seniors, the following forms must be included with their application (all forms are available at www.texascadet.org):
1. CAPF 31:
(a) Under “ACTIVITY APPLYING FOR” put Basic Encampment. Be sure to include your current CAP grade.
(b) The medical section must be completed.
(c) Cadet’s parent(s) must sign the CAPF 31(or whatever replaces it).
(d) Squadron Commanders should verify the information and sign the CAPF 31.
2. Certificate of Understanding
3. CAPF 160
4. CAPF 161
5. CAPF 163
CAPF 31 received without the above information will not be accepted until all missing information is received.
The activity will be held at Camp Swift Training Center, Bastrop, Texas. There will be a $225.00 charge for basic encampment students. There will be a $325.00 charge for Intermediate students. The charge for cadet and senior staff will be $175.00. Cadets applying and receiving the Cadet Encampment Assistance Program (CEAP) will need to put a down payment of $100 via the EventBrite link and will be refunded when you successfully complete encampment. Those that do not show or do not successfully complete encampment will not be refunded. The total amount is to be sent in with your CAPF 31. This covers food, drinks, t-shirt, billeting and administrative costs. The fee may be paid via the Event Brite link put link here.
DO NOT send cash. This is non-refundable after 15 May 2018.
Executive Staff Announced
Join me in congratulating the following cadets for making the executive staff.
C/Maj Mathias Gilliam - Commander
C/Maj Owen Shortt - Deputy Commander
C/Capt Kanyika "Saber" Mswia - Executive Officer
C/Capt Emelia McLaughlin - Director of Training
C/Maj David "Luke" Bainbridge - Deputy Director of Training
C/Capt Joshua Reed - Safety
C/Capt Abigail Browning - Standards and Evaluations Commander
C/SMSgt Benjamin Stason - Command Chief
Staff Applications Now Being Accepted
We are pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for those wishing to serve on staff during the Texas Wing Summer Encampment 2018. The encampment will take place during 1-8 July 2018, Staff Days 29-30 June 2018.
All applications are being accepted. Deadline for Cadet Commander is 27 January 2018. Cadet Commander is open to C/Major and above. Deadline to apply for executive staff is 3 February 2018. The deadline for Squadron Commanders as well as Support OICs is 10 February 2018. Flight, and the rest of Support staff positions are also being accepted with the deadline set at 17 February 2018. See below for a listing of staff positions.
Application for Encampment Staff:
Please fill out the Google Form.
Please fill out all applicable areas for the position you are applying for.
Executive Staff and Squadron Commander Applicants
1. You must be willing to meet all deadlines established by the Encampment Commander, Commandant and the Director of Cadet Programs.
2. You have 1 month from the time that you apply for staff to send your paperwork (in its entirety CAPF 31 - or whatever replaces it, 160, 161, 163) to Chaplain Smalley at 416 Victorian Drive, Waxahachie, TX 75165.
3. You need 2 letters of recommendation from your last CTEP instructor or mentor or another supervisor from a CAP activity. If you are applying from out of state, you may just have two letters of recommendation from two supervisors at a CAP activity. Please use the Google Form https://goo.gl/forms/qP9NISDJXfOd3RXa2.
4. You need to have one peer review completed by someone you worked with at your last encampment or from your squadron if you have not staffed an encampment. Please have a peer (someone at the same level as you) fill out this form. You need to have one peer review completed by someone you worked with at your last encampment or from your squadron if you have not staffed an encampment. Please have a peer fill out this form https://goo.gl/forms/xxpAh8F5Mfr4DVcr1.
1. You must have an excellent behavior record.
2. You have 1 month from the time that you apply for staff to send your paperwork (in its entirety) to Chaplain Smalley at 416 Victorian Drive, Waxahachie, TX 75165.
3. You must have a strong desire to work in partnership with your senior counterparts.
4. You need one letter of recommendation from a superior (ie. CTEP Instructor/Mentor, Encampment Supervisor/Mentor, Squadron Supervisor/Commander) Please use this Google Form https://goo.gl/forms/qP9NISDJXfOd3RXa2.
5. You need to have one peer review completed by someone you worked with at your last encampment or from your squadron if you have not staffed an encampment. A peer is someone who is on the same level as you (I.E. flight commander if you were a flight commander, or someone else on mess staff if you were mess staff, not the OIC). Please have a peer fill out this form https://goo.gl/forms/xxpAh8F5Mfr4DVcr1.
Texas Wing Encampments have a reputation of excellence. This legacy is only as strong as the cadets that have the strength and talent to lead. Do you have what it takes?
2018 Texas Wing Summer Encampment Cadet Staff Positions
Executive Staff: Commander (1), Deputy Commander (1), Executive Officer (1), Director of Training (1), Safety (1), Command Chief (1), Standardization and Evaluation Commander(1),
Squadron Staff: Squadron Commanders (3-4), Intermediate Squadron Commander
Line Staff: Squadron First Sergeants (3-4), Flight Commanders (9-11), Flight Sergeants (9-11) Intermediate Squadron First Sergeant, Intermediate Flight Commanders (2)
SET: Standardization and Evaluation Members (6-9)
Support Staff: Medical (4), Public Affairs (4-7), Logistics (4-6), Administration (4), Mess Operations (6-10), Communications (2), Audio Visual Controller (1), Transportation (2), Firearms Assistants (3-6), General Support Staff (3-6). NOTE: C/OIC and C/NCOIC positions may also be applied for. These will be for support staff positions only.
Senior Staff Application
SENIOR STAFF applications are now being accepted for the Texas Wing Summer Encampment 2018. The encampment will take place at Camp Swift, Bastrop, Texas, date TBD. Encampment participation is an excellent opportunity to really get to impact the cadets. All the positions will have an excellent opportunity to mentor cadets within your staff position. Join us for the good fun and hard work!
Please send go to https://goo.gl/forms/JJJO7vXebqG7oDVK2 to apply for encampment staff. A list of descriptions is with the application.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the cadets of Texas Wing.
Texas Wing Cadet Programs
Cadets in Flight List
TXWG Encampment Training Manual (this is not updated, but does have a listing of staff positions and their descriptions and duties)